Here are Some Pictures From Musicians Home!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY/VALENTINE'S DAY, DAD

My dad, Arnold F. Staffen was born in Greenville, MI, Feb. 14,(Valentine’s Day)1921. He was major influence on my musical career. He played the trumpet and was a HUGE barbershopper. Man, there’s some serious ear development in barbershop harmony which I’m familiar with! He passed away in 1985.

Also while on this subject, I must include my uncle Burt Staffen, also a Barbershopper. He was a judge for the international SPEBSQSA (Society for the Preservation and Encouragement of Barber Shop Quartet Singing in America) competitions until his passing in 2,004. He began teaching me music theory as well, at the tender age of 14.

I eventually furthered my career as a rock musician at some of the local clubs in the area, also going to college (Grand Rapids Jr. College) to enhance my music theory education.

I then moved to Los Angeles in 1976 and took up recording engineering. I owe my thanks and gratitude of both my father and uncle Burt.

Happy Birthday Dad! Love... your son,

Lar

This was posted by Larry A Staffen On Feb.12th at Musicians Home
Come and see more here:

http://musicians-home.ning.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment